As you age, you would be faced with few health complications whether you like it or not. It could be depression, joint pain, age, anxiety, and or just about anything you can think of. There are medications available to cure them, but some are not as effective in reducing pain, or even controlling them.
Organic products can be beneficial in some aspects to eliminate pain and other health-related problems. You might have relished a refreshing lemongrass drink, but it’s not just limited to that; it has several other health benefits. The oil extracted from lemongrass acts like a potent antidepressant, antiseptic, insecticidal, and tranquilizer.
Lemongrass is a kind of grass that’s used to treat digestive disorders, cardiovascular, immunity, headache, behavioral problems, and menstrual anomalies. The oil is highly effective during high fever and when the temperature reaches an intense level.
The scientific name of lemongrass is Cymbopogon citratus, and the oil is extracted from the dried lemongrass by steam distillation. This oil has the ability to keep insects, like mosquitoes, within tolerable levels because of its high unsaturated liquid – citral and geraniol.
This oil is great in keeping your skin flawless! It’s also works like an oil burner, diffuser, or nebulizer. The essential oil is used in aromatherapy which helps release stress, anxiety, insomnia, and in controlling bad temper. This grass is also helpful in relieving muscle pain, dental problems, sinuses, migraines, and period cramps.
Lemongrass essential oil is highly beneficial in healing many health complications and is quite powerful as therapeutic oil.
How is lemongrass oil beneficial to your health?
Lemongrass has remarkable profits, and is considered as the wonder oil in therapies. This oil is an important element for your skin and bone health, and keeps your blood sugar levels stable.
- The oil has the abundant quantity of vitamin B, necessary for metabolic cells, healthy heart, and in preventing birth defects.
- Lemongrass oil can give relief from muscle and joint pains.
- It enhances your confidence, mental makeup, and gives spirit to fight against depression and anxiety.
- It kills bacterial growth internally and externally in your body and makes it a microbial inhibitor. It’s effective in preventing the contagions that can be injurious for colon, urinary tracts, and the respiratory system.
- Lemongrass helps in curing the bacterial infections, such as food poisoning, skin disorders, and typhoid. This oil is an antiseptic agent that can be applied to internal and external wounds.
Works like a vital astringent to stop bleeding and blood clots.
- It also prevents excessive blood flow in your gums and averts loosening teeth and hair loss.
- Lemongrass oil is effective in eliminating unwanted intestinal gas, and prevents it from increasing. It helps to relax your abdominal muscles by making a nontoxic downward passage for gas.
- The unique quality of lemongrass oil is that it leads to frequent urination, but this is a beneficial factor for your health. A person who tends to urinate frequently is able to lose body fat by eliminating 4-5% of urine that contains fat.
- Lemongrass oil is a galactagogue that helps enhance the milk formation in the breasts. The oil is said to be antimicrobial and antibacterial, and absorbs the milk to prevent infections from being transferred to the baby.
A few drops of lemongrass oil can make you feel great
Testing the essential oil is easy. Just pour few oil drops on a piece of paper. If it evaporates immediately, then it’s diluted. Lemongrass essential oil is safe to use, and is greatly utilized in aromatherapy.
Make sure you apply the oil on a small patch of skin first before using it on the affected area. This is to make sure that the oil is safe to use, because some people may have sensitive skin, which might cause skin rashes.
Store the oil in a cool place and away from sunlight. Make sure to keep it away from pregnant women, and your eyes because it might irritate your skin.