Losing indispensable data is nothing worse than a nightmare. We all have experienced it at least once. Data is an important aspect of our lives, and we just can’t afford to lose it. It can result in some serious consequences; therefore, we should be prepared for it and take precautionary steps to tackle such tight spots. Or, if you are experiencing it right away, you need to have a recovery method to restore all your data. Well, you can go for a professional data recovery software to do so. However, the software you select must be capable enough to fulfill your purpose.
Here, I wish to share my experience with one such software that is Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery-Professional!
A few days ago, I accidentally formatted my hard drive running Windows Operating System. With this, all data on the hard drive was lost and hence unavailable. This made me worried, and I started searching for a professional and effective data recovery software to restore my files as they were really important. I did not want my efforts to be a wild goose chase; therefore, I thoroughly explored the information available on the Internet to come up with a viable option.
My choice was based on elimination rather than selection. The reason being, I hardly had a clue as to which software would work the best for me. Slowly, after observing the pros and cons of several data recovery software for Windows OS, I trimmed down my options and decided to go for Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional, a professional data recovery software for Windows OS that is devised by Stellar Data Recovery. I chose it because the software had earned lots of appreciation from professional users. Even I was quite impressed with it when I went through its features and benefits.
Let’s have a look at all the aspects of the software!
Beginning with its System Requirements—This professional data recovery software has the following system requirements.
- Processor – Pentium Class
- Operating System – Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP
- Memory – 1 GB Minimum
- Hard Disk – 50 MB of Free Space
With these minimum system requirements, you’re good to go.
Secondly, let’s look at its GUI:
I found the interface of the software simple and easy-to-understand. Even a person with no technical know-how can operate it easily in a hassle-free manner to recover lost or deleted data from their Windows system
Next, comes the data recovery steps:
The software provides data recovery in three simple steps which are as follows:
- Selection of types of file to be recovered.
- Selection of the location of the files on the system.
- Scan and save the files at the desired location.
Well, I recovered data from my 1 TB Seagate HDD running Windows OS by using this software and following the steps mentioned above.
- Know the process steps in detail Selection of types of file to be recovered – In the main screen of the software GUI, select the type of files that need to be recovered. The file types can be selected by placing check marks wherever required. For instance,
- From Everything option, check ‘All Data’ checkbox to recover all files, folders, documents, and other files. With this, rest of the options are disabled.
- From Documents, Folders & Emails option, check one or more from ‘Office Documents’, ‘Folders’, and ‘Emails’ checkboxes.
- From Multimedia Files option, check one or more from Photos, Audio, and Videos check boxes.
After selecting the type of files to be recovered, click on the Next tab.
Figure 1.0 illustrates the main screen of software
- Select location from where the files are to be recovered – In the next interface of the software, select location of the files from where they have to be recovered. This can be done by placing checkmarks on one or more of the following options:
- Common Location: Select from ‘Desktop’, ‘My Documents’, and ‘Choose Location’
- Connected Drives: Select from Windows (C), Recovery Image (D), New Volume (E), etc.
- Other Locations: Select from ‘Can’t Find Drive’ and ‘Recover from Disk Images’ options.
Once selected, click on the Scan tab for the software to begin the scan process
Figure1.1 illustrates selecting location and scan
The professional data recovery software offers two options for scanning. They are Quick Scan and Deep Scan. While the Quick scan option scans the media and lists all the recoverable files quickly, Deep Scan runs a thorough scan of the media device. However, it takes more time depending on the length of the file and size of the hard drives.
Well, I was able to recover my important Office documents such as Word files, Excel files, PowerPoint files, and PDFs at once. I also got the advantage of previewing these files before I was given the option to save the recovered files to any location as per my desire.
Figure 1.2 illustrates to save the recoverable files at the desired location
Some of its features which I liked are as follows:
- Resume Recovery option
- Create a disk image of the media device
- Deep Scan option to thoroughly locate the data
- Last but not the least, you can preview the files before saving
Overall, the process was quite straightforward, and I was able to recover my data smoothly.
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional is a viable option to recover all lost or deleted data from Windows. Irrespective of the data type and storage media, it efficiently scans and recovers the files in one go. All in all, you can use it to recover all your data successfully in all situations with this being said, I rate the software 9.9 on a scale of 10!