Mass gainer is a type of protein but it is very different from whey protein. They both help in maintaining your fitness. They do have different nutrition profiles as whey protein powder is used to burn fat and mass gainer supplements are used for gaining mass. Read on to know the difference between both and which one suits your needs.
It is obtained from milk and is the purest form of protein available. It is rich in protein synthesis and amino acids, it helps in recuperation and muscle growth. It is classified into 3 major categories: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Blend. They are easy to digest and get quickly released into the bloodstream.
Whey Protein Nutritional Value: Every 25 to 50g serving provides 24g protein, 3g of carbohydrates, 1g of fats and 100 to 150g of calories.
Benefits of Whey Protein
- It is a pure form of protein which helps in reducing weight and building lean muscle. It also acts as a source of energy to increase endurance and stamina.
- It is easy to digest and control hungers
- It can helps to reduce blood pressure
- Whey protein comes in various different delicious flavours and easily dissolves in both milk and water.
Precautions to be taken when consuming whey protein
Excessive consumption of whey protein can lead to problems like pain, nausea, cramping, bloating diarrhoea and flatulence. So, make sure not to exceed the recommended dosage of whey protein without consulting the doctor.
Why consume whey protein?
Whey protein provides your body with the pure protein which cuts down fat and builds muscles. Amino acid present in it stimulates the growth of new muscle tissues. Whey protein is the right choice if you need something that amplifies your learning process.
Like whey protein, mass gainers are also nutritional supplements. But the difference between mass gainer and whey is primarily in their fat and carbohydrate content. Mass gainers are high in calories that can lead to weight gain. It is most popular among athletes and bodybuilders.
Mass Gainer Nutritional Value: Every 25 to 50g serving delivers 58-391g of protein, 3g of carbohydrates, 1g of fats and 100 – 150 calories.
Benefits of Mass Gainer
- It promotes calorie intake that quickly develops body mass which is suitable for when planning for weight gain. It also improves performance during a workout and helps in recovery and muscle growth.
- Mass gainer contains a good mix of different vitamins and minerals that nourish your body and keep it fit and healthy.
- Fibers in mass gainer keep prevents you from getting bloated and enhance digestion.
Precautions to be taken when consuming mass gainer
- Exceeding the recommended dosage of mass gainer can lead to the accumulation of extra fat which leads to increase in weight. Caffeine present in it can also cause insomnia.
- Mass gainer contains a significant amount of caffeine and creatine which can lead to dehydration when mixed together.