Cardiovascular diseases are still one of the leading death causes in the world. However, early detection, proper prevention methods and tactics for strengthening the heart function, and comprehensive personalized treatment with the help of a devoted and experienced cardiologist in Brooklyn, NY can make a difference, expand the life expectancy of patients, improve statistics, and, generally, save lives.
Why timely diagnosis and treatment is vital for patients with heart issues
To maintain health and well-being, it is advisable to undergo preventive examinations by a proficient and trustworthy cardiologist in Brooklyn, NY at least once a year, even if there are no complaints or warning signs of heart health deterioration. However, if the heart begins to bother you, then you need to see a doctor as soon as possible since successful outcomes always depend on how early people who are in the risk category or experience some symptoms are referred to health care experts for advanced and comprehensive therapy.
The most serious effect of untreated heart disease is sudden death, so being in the high-risk group, you must schedule a consultation with a cardiologist in Brooklyn, NY who can deliver sound advice on how to eliminate risks, avoid any complications, and keep your heart healthy. Factors associated with an increased risk of heart diseases can be divided into two groups: those that the person cannot control like hereditary, gender, aging, or pollution, and those that are amenable to change. The second one includes:
- high levels of blood lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides);
- poor lifestyle choices like smoking;
- lack of physical activity;
- an unbalanced diet with high-fat foods.
As a rule, diseases of the cardiovascular system are caused by a combination of several factors. The main preventive measure against diseases is lifestyle adjustment:
- Physical activity is a top preventable measure. Regular exercises lower the level of total cholesterol, protect against metabolic syndrome and diabetes mellitus, have a positive effect on the coagulation system, help to regulate blood pressure, strengthen the heart muscle.
- Learn to manage stress and fight depression. Prolonged anxiety, emotional strain, and depression are the main risk factors for coronary heart disease, hypertension, and atherosclerosis. Fresh air, sports, relaxing breaks during the day, music, hobbies, good sleep, water procedures can help. If you can’t deal with stress on your own, don’t be afraid to see a psychologist. A specialist will listen, give advice, and, if necessary, prescribe drug therapy.
- Healthy diet. There are foods that doctors suggest avoiding and those products that can help you to restore your well-being. A credible and caring cardiologist in Brooklyn, NY will add the right nutrition and components needed for prevention to the overall treatment strategy.
- Give up smoking. Smokers have an increased risk of developing atherosclerosis and related diseases. They are much more likely to die from coronary heart disease or stroke. Nicotine intake can speed up the heartbeat, provoke vasospasm, and lead to boosted blood pressure.
- Correct treatment of high blood pressure. Hypertension needs to be treated consistently. Antihypertensive drugs should not only lower blood pressure but also be safe and reduce the probability of cardiovascular disease.
Find your best cardiologist in Brooklyn, NY
If you are among the category of those who need a cardiologist’s plan for staying healthy, Advanced Medical Care specialists in cardiology are ready to deliver exceptional cardiac care, ensuring peace of mind, efficient treatment solutions, the commitment of the staff, and excellence of provided services.