If you are someone who loves long and curled eyelashes, then you must have heard about lash lifting. This popular cosmetic procedure is an excellent alternative to eyelash extensions, and it involves a treatment that lifts your natural lashes from the root to create a more enhanced, dramatic curl.
In this blog, we’ll explore everything you need to know about lash lifting, from the procedure to the aftercare and maintenance, and answer the big question: How long does an eyelash lift last?
- 1 What is a Lash Lift?
- 2 How Long Does a Lash Lift Procedure Take?
- 3 How Long Does Eyelash Lift Last?
- 4 Factors that Affect Eyelash Lift Longevity
- 5 Eyelash Lift Aftercare Tips
- 6 How to Maintain Your Eyelash Lift?
- 7 Can You Get an Eyelash Lift If You Have Sensitive Eyes?
- 8 Can You Wear Mascara with an Eyelash Lift?
- 9 Can You Get an Eyelash Lift if You Have Short Lashes?
- 10 Wrapping Up
What is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is a semi-permanent cosmetic treatment which enhances the natural curl of your eyelashes. Unlike eyelash extensions, a lash lift doesn’t involve adding any false lashes to your natural set. Instead, the procedure uses a chemical solution to curl and lift your existing lashes from the root. The result is longer-looking, fuller, and more voluminous lashes that last for weeks.
How Long Does a Lash Lift Procedure Take?
If you’re looking for a high-quality lash lift in New York City (NYC), you’ll be pleased to know that a typical eyelash lift procedure takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. During this time, your lash technician will apply a perming solution to your lashes, which will be left on for a specific amount of time, depending on the type of solution used. After that, the perming solution will be removed, and a setting solution will be applied to lock in the new shape. Finally, your technician will remove any remaining solution and tint your lashes to give them an even more dramatic look.
How Long Does Eyelash Lift Last?
The longevity of your eyelash lift depends on various factors, including your natural lash growth cycle and your aftercare routine. Generally, eyelash lifts can last anywhere from six to eight weeks. However, some people may notice that their lashes start to droop or lose their curl after just four weeks, while others may enjoy the results for up to twelve weeks.
Factors that Affect Eyelash Lift Longevity
Several factors can affect how long your eyelash lift lasts, including:
- Natural lash growth cycle: Your lashes have a natural growth cycle that can impact how long the results of your eyelash lift last. If your lashes grow quickly, the lift may not last as long as it would for someone with a slower growth cycle.
- Aftercare: Proper aftercare can help prolong the results of your eyelash lift. Avoiding oil-based products, keeping your lashes dry for the first 24 hours after the procedure, and brushing them regularly can all help maintain the curl and shape of your lashes.
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle factors, such as swimming, sauna use, or excessive sweating, can cause your eyelash lift to wear off more quickly.
Eyelash Lift Aftercare Tips
Proper aftercare is essential for maintaining the longevity of your eyelash lift. Here are some tips to help you care for your lashes after the procedure:
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid using oil-based products on your lashes, as they can break down the perming solution and cause your lashes to lose their curl.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or sleeping on your stomach or side, as this can also cause your lashes to lose their shape.
How to Maintain Your Eyelash Lift?
If you want to extend the life of your eyelash lift, there are several things you can do to help maintain the curl and shape of your lashes:
- Use a lash serum or conditioner to help nourish and strengthen your lashes.
- Avoid using mascara, as it can weigh down your lashes and cause them to lose their curl.
- Consider getting a lash tint to help enhance the look of your lashes even further.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling on your lashes, as this can cause them to shed prematurely.
Can You Get an Eyelash Lift If You Have Sensitive Eyes?
If you have sensitive eyes, it’s important to let your lash technician know before the procedure. They may recommend using a gentler solution or taking extra precautions during the treatment to avoid irritation. However, if you have a severe allergy or sensitivity to the chemicals used in the procedure, it’s best to avoid getting an eyelash lift altogether.
Can You Wear Mascara with an Eyelash Lift?
While it’s not recommended to wear mascara immediately after getting an eyelash lift, you can typically resume wearing mascara after the first 24 to 48 hours. However, it’s important to avoid using waterproof mascara, as it can be difficult to remove and may cause your lashes to clump together.
Can You Get an Eyelash Lift if You Have Short Lashes?
Yes, you can still get an eyelash lift even if you have short lashes. In fact, an eyelash lift can be a great way to enhance the look of shorter lashes, as it creates a more dramatic curl that makes them appear longer and fuller.
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance way to enhance the look of your natural lashes, an eyelash lift may be the perfect solution. While the longevity of your results may vary depending on several factors, proper aftercare, and maintenance can help extend the life of your eyelash lift and keep your lashes looking their best!