Slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence in New York City and across the country. This type of accident can happen anywhere, but certain areas are more prone to this type of injury than others.
Common areas where slip and fall accidents happen in New York
The following is a list of some of the most common areas where slip and fall accidents occur:
- Walkways: Walkways are often slippery when wet, especially after rainstorms or snowstorms.
- Staircases: Stairs are another common place for slip and fall accidents because they are often made of concrete or wood that becomes wet after storms.
- Restaurants: Restaurants can be very slippery when they have not been cleaned properly. In fact, most restaurants have an employee whose only job is to clean up spills from all over the place so that customers do not slip on them.
- Hospital floors: Hospitals always have lots of people walking around them at once, which means there is a higher chance that someone will drop something on the ground and create a mess.
- Grocery stores, parking lots, restrooms, sidewalks and pavements, concrete and tarmac, dirt or gravel surfaces, grass or lawn areas, etc. are other areas where these accidents tend to happen a lot.
The best bet is to get an NYC slip and fall attorney to handle your case as it can be hard to determine damages, evaluate compensation, collect evidence, communicate effectively in court, do investigation, and so on all through conventional means or by yourself.
Dealing with slip and fall accidents in New York
It is no secret that New York City is one of the most dangerous places to live. The city has a population of 8.5 million people, which makes it one of the most densely populated areas in the world.
However, the city also has one of the highest rates of slip and fall injuries in the country. In fact, according to a report from SafeWise, New York City has a higher rate of slip and fall injuries than any other major American city.
Slip and fall accidents are not only very common in New York City but also extremely costly for those who are injured by them. According to data compiled by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI), average medical costs associated with slip and fall injuries range from $17,000 to $21,000 per person.
This means that if someone is seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in New York City, they could be facing medical bills totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars over time!
Wrapping up: Getting the right lawyer to represent you
A good NYC slip and fall attorney from a reputable law firm is much advised here. If you are struggling between options, then let us put your mind at ease. We are NYC Injury Attorneys P.C. and we have the necessary expertise and staff to handle any kind of slip and fall accident in all of New York.
Get in touch with us today and let us discuss business. Our lawyers are the best in slip and fall cases across law firms in New York.