Columbus, USA, is the most remarkable travel destination in the world if you are thinking of tagging along with your family members. If you and your family are intending on traveling to Columbus for a vacation or any other reason whatsoever, you are in the right place! This great city happens to be the capital of Ohio and is widely known for its abundant historical attractions, state of the art architecture, stadia, restaurants, and hotels. Read this article to the very end to discover a broad coverage of exciting things about Columbus that will make your time there intriguing and fulfilling as a family.
What You Need to Travel to Columbus
Are you a United States citizen, or are you a foreigner? If you are a citizen, you can take advantage of the visa travel waiver program, which enables you and your family members to travel into the United States for tourism and business purposes for 90 days without obtaining a visa.
All international travelers entering the USA by sea or air are required to apply for the ESTA. You can check the ESTA application online and answer eligibility questions. You are expected to respond to ESTA questions correctly and honestly.
This is aimed at obtaining information on all the family members to be eligible to travel to Columbus, USA. All online applications should be made three days prior to the visit to avoid any inconveniences with the Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Please note that payments on the same should be submitted within 7 days of applying for ETSA. It is important to note that passport validity for USA is at least six months.
Best Places to Stay in Columbus, USA
Columbus is home to some of the best hotels the world has to offer! Here you will get world-class accommodation from a wide range of hotels that are available at affordable prices.
According to customer feedback and professional reviews, the following are among the most exclusive hotels that you might consider while on your family visit. For more information, contact their websites and make bookings on the available deals.
- Sheraton Columbus Hotel at capitol square
- Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Easton
- Hyatt Place Columbus Dublin
- Renaissance Columbus Westerville –Polaris hotel
- Residence inn by Marriott Columbus University Area
- Residence inn by Marriott Columbus downtown
Best Places to Visit in Columbus, USA
If this is the first time to Columbus, you are in for a fantastic treat, and since it’s with family, you are going to enjoy it even more! Ohio’s state capital is a great family destination as you can enjoy the following activities within its confines;
- Columbus zoo and Aquarium- you should include this stop in your itinerary as its one of the best zoos in the United States. It’s always fun to visit the zoo during the warmer months, but the Columbus zoo is equipped with wild lights display, which showcases millions of LED lights throughout the zoo.
- The topiary park- I would highly recommend that you explore the Topiary Park as a family as it is just behind downtown Columbus Metropolitan Library. It’s an excellent place to have a picnic as you check out the 54 topiary manicured sculptures that are located on the land that was previously occupied by the Ohio school for the deaf.
- Columbus museum of art- if you are an art fan, then be ready to get your mind blown away by the exemplary art collection at the galleries of Columbus museum. Kids will particularly enjoy the wonder room where they will get to harness their creativity.
- Franklin park conservatory- the conservatory is a beautiful place to visit with kids due to the rare varieties of palm trees. The park offers an avenue to learn about every biome.
- Short North arts district- for a cultural experience as a family, you can tour the German village, which is rich in architecture. It will be fun visiting the restored redbrick homes, and if need be, you could request for a map from the German village society.
- Zoombezi bay outdoor water park- the park offers a great deal of recreational facilities with a variety of water options, from the famous wave pool, lazy river, 17 types of water slides, and rafts that can accommodate the whole family in one tube. This place provides an avenue to have fun as a family while deepening the connection between family members.
- Ohio statehouse- this state-of-the-art building offers a more in-depth understanding of the history of Ohio. You can take advantage of free rides during the day. The statehouse has intriguing architecture and sculptures, which makes it enjoyable and informative to visit with kids.
Top 6 Family Restaurant in Columbus, USA
If you want to grab a bite, the following places offer the most exotic cuisines in the world!
- Dusters Restaurant
- Husker Steak House
- Pizza Ranch
- Picket Fence Café
- Gottberg Brew Pub
If you are thinking of planning for a family trip, then Columbus, USA, is one of the best destinations to consider. This great city is full of many family attraction destinations that appeal to all ages. Take your whole family on a Columbus vacation today and discover scenic places such as museums, historic sites, zoos, and exclusive entertainment joints.
Image attributed to Pixabay.com