As a first-time visitor to Bangkok, it would help if you arrive here with useful information and helpful tips. Bangkok is portrayed as a country loaded with top attractions as well as is seen as a dangerous, poverty-stricken zone. However, millions of tourists’ book scoot flights online to explore Bangkok and that itself speaks of its growing popularity as a touristic nation. After all, the iconic city is brimming with intoxicating sights, new cultures, and fascinating attractions. Take advantage of Qatar airways promo offers to land a great deal on a flight to Bangkok.
Here are some useful tips and guidelines on how to make the most of your trip to Bangkok.
- Plan your trip during the November to February months which are cooler and drier. Avoid the hot and humid months from March to June. However, you can plan a trip around April to enjoy the Thai New Year celebrations, which are simply amazing.
- At the Airport, avoid the friendly touts and use the official taxi queue at the Airport to reach your hotel or destination. Just join the fastmoving Official Taxi Queue which is located on the Ground Floor.
- When exploring the city, the fastest way to move around is public transport and Bangkok’s Skytrain, subway and boat networks are a better option than the busy roads of Bangkok.
- Carry plenty of coins and small change in baht currency as bigger notes may be of little use. Most taxi drivers and food vendors prefer cash, and it can be a little inconvenient to hand them a 1,000 baht note.
- Pack light when you travel to Bangkok and leave enough space for shopping. Bangkok is indeed a shopaholic’s delight, and you can shop for a designer as well as local clothes plus the latest top-end fashion here. The best part is you can bargain to lower the prices at the local markets.
- Wear appropriate clothing when visiting religious sites and temples in Bangkok. Thailand Buddhism is an everyday part of life here, and locals are sensitive about their religion. So, keep your body well covered up as a mark of respect.
- Be prepared as every day National Anthem of Bangkok is played at 08:00 and again at 18:00 throughout the country. Thus, stop whatever you are doing and stand silently in respect, whether you are at the train stations, markets, and civil buildings.
- Bangkok is a safe city, and just like any other touristic country, there are unscrupulous characters and scamsters looking for prey. All you need to do is be careful and use your common sense to keep away from such scams or tricks.
- Although Bangkok is an excellent place to holiday with your kids, it requires more efforts when traveling with children. Thai people are warm towards kids but keep in mind that Buggies, Prams, and Pushchairs would prove useless on those streets. Get baby slings that you can use on your back.
Major attractions not be missed out
- As a first-timer in Bangkok, you should be aware of some of the iconic attractions of the city.
- Explore the massive complex of Grande Palace and be prepared to walk a lot as the whole tour would take about 2 hours.
- Visit Wat Pho which is one of the main attractions in Bangkok, and it is best to go there early in the morning. Reclining Buddha is the biggest attraction of the Wat Pho Temple.
- Wat Arun, the Temple of the Down is sure to leave you mesmerized by its beauty, especially the stairs that climb up to the high pagoda.
- Enjoy the floating markets of Bangkok where you can shop for fruits and veggies on the banks of the canals. Order some fresh Thai food when visiting a traditional floating market.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.